5/8/15

Step 128 - My Teachers are with me. I need not fear. (MP3) Entry for Step 127 - Today I will not try to get even with God.


Greetings All –

Step 128 - My Teachers are with me. I need not fear. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

My Teachers are with me. I need not fear. Step 128

YOUR INNER TEACHERS ARE WITH YOU, and you need not fear. If you have sufficient confidence in Knowledge, based upon actual experience, and sufficient confidence in the presence of your Teachers, based upon actual   experience, this will give you a certainty and a faith in life that will counteract all fear that is unnecessary. This will leave your mind at ease.

ONLY CONCERN THAT YOUR KNOWLEDGE is being violated will emanate from Knowledge, and then only to indicate that you need to reassess your actions and ideas. Knowledge has a self-correcting principle. That is why it is your Inner Guidance. If you are going against your Knowledge, you will be ill at ease with yourself, and this will give rise to anxiety. Much of the fear that you experience moment to moment is simply a matter of your own creation, your own negative imagination. But, then, there is fear that is born of the violation of Knowledge. This is more a discomfort than a fear, for it rarely carries with it any kind of imagery at all, though ideas can come into your mind as a form of warning should you be attempting a behavior or a line of thinking that is dangerous or destructive.

FEAR THAT IS BORN OF NEGATIVE IMAGINATION comprises the vast majority of the fear with which you entertain yourself. This you must learn to counteract, for it is an inappropriate use of your mind. Here you create an experience for yourself, experience it and then call it reality. Meanwhile, you have not been present with life at all. You have merely been in fantasy within yourself. Negative imagination drains you emotionally, physically and mentally. It can be escalated to such heights that it can dominate your thinking altogether. For how else can you be separate in the universe except in your own thoughts? You cannot actually be separate from God. You cannot actually be separate from Knowledge. You can only hide in your own thoughts and weave them together to create a separate identity and experience for yourself which, though quite demonstrative, are in fact completely an illusion.

IN YOUR TWO MEDITATION PRACTICES TODAY, once again enter into stillness. Today there will be no mental speculation or activity, for the mind will once again come to rest so that it may experience its reality. Let not fear or anxiety dissuade you. Remember, this is your negative imagination only. Only Knowledge can indicate if you are doing something inappropriate, and that will only be in the face of immediate events. You will find that this is quite different from negative imagination and will require a different response from you.

PRACTICE 128: Two 30-minute practice periods.

Picture: This step concerns dealing with fear, so it took much thought to find in my collection a picture that had any hint of fear. In real life, no one was injured nor was there great property damage in this particular incident. Many situations can cause fear to arise. Are they ones The Teachers can deal with? These are experiences we may have already had, or experienced vicariously, and/or for which we might need to “be prepared.” They are not necessarily physical alone, or primarily mental. A kind toughness may be what is needed.


From the journal:

5:10 p.m. Sunday, Nov 21, 1999.

Late to be doing the first practice of S2K. I’m at the 7-11 a Double Tollgate. The rising moon over the Greenway Southern Baptist Church and the Potomac-Edison – Allegheny Power substation – with 522 traffic in the foreground, is an odd mediation space. I bought a sandwich to be a customer – heated it in the microwave, but am not hungry this moment.

At JC Penny’s I bought about $300 of clothes for David @ $88. He is maturing….

S2K “Today I will not try to get even with God.” I think I’ve already learned this one. The lesson says “Your love for God is so profound that you are, as yet, afraid of it, for it represents the greatest power within you that you can possibly possess.”

I am not now, nor have not been since ACIM, afraid of my love for God. That it is the greatest power I can possess is good news. I assume there will be more on this. To view my love for God as that which empowers me is great. I’ve seen others empowered by love for God. I must pace that thought. This lesson is already mine.

Amen & Amen
T-om Su-ne

At this point, I think I have this lesson – no sweat. Actually, there’s much I missed. We can get to that next time through.
NNC

Journal second time x2 Step 127.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.