5/21/15

Step 141 - I will be confident this day. (MP3) Entry for Step 140 - Review



Greetings All –

Step 141 - I will be confident this day. (MP3)  [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

“I will be confident this day.” Step 141
 
TODAY BE CONFIDENT THAT YOU ARE IN PREPARATION on the path to Knowledge. Be confident today that Knowledge is with you and abides with you and that you are now learning step by step to receive its grace, its certainty and its direction. Be confident this day that you are born of God’s love and that your life in this world, this brief visit here, is but an opportunity to re-establish your true identity in a place where it has been forgotten. Be confident today that the efforts that you are now making on your own behalf will lead you to the great goal that you have come here to seek because this preparation comes from your Ancient Home to serve you while you are in the world, for you have come to the world to serve.

REPEAT THIS AFFIRMATION UPON THE HOUR and consider it in light of all things that happen today. In your two longer practice periods, repeat the statement and then allow yourself to enter peace and stillness. Allow your confidence to dispel fear, doubt and anxiety. Support your efforts today, for they require your support on behalf of a greater certainty that you are now learning to receive.

PRACTICE 141: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


Picture:  The pilot of a powered parachute/paraplane demonstrating confidence.

Note: “…you have come to the world to serve.” Early in my life I understood the goal was to serve the will of God, but that seemed to be at odds with my will – use of my free will. In ACIM I learned there was no difference between my will and God’s will. The challenge then becomes to determine what that might be? Steps to Knowledge is a way to get a personal understanding of what that is in one’s life.


Yesterday: Step 140 - Review

Saturday, Dec 4, 1999

7:10 A.M. Practice first – I may not get to hike today, or get to Little Bear to do the review, so that’s what I want to do today – my 20 week review.

Step 140 says: “You wish to be the servant and the Master all at once because the servant is in you and the Master is in you. You personally are not the Master, but the Master is in you. You personally are a servant, but you are in relationship with the Master, and so your union is complete.”

Reflecting on the above, it struck me as an accurate description – the picture in my mind was that of the atom – a proton and an electron. – God/the Master is the proton and I am the electron. Relative to the proton, the electron has little mass. So the basic relationship in the manifest universe is the atom. Now with the atom there is a mix of the sub-atomic particles – so this is a metaphor, though it may work down to the first yes – when manifestation began. A neutron is perhaps better – for a fused soul and the proton – electron – a new personality. The greater atomic structure – is a combination of neutrons and proton- electron pairs. + & - charges –

Step 134 says “live by experience and understanding.” Region work – cooperation comes from my experience and understanding geography can be the basis of community, but its not guaranteed.

This has become my direction, though its not necessarily my purpose in this life.

The idea the RAHN stimulates memory of ancient Knowledge – I resisted the work – it is a harsher sound then “om” or “hu.” It is to give strength – I notice now in Step 134. The pronunciation brings to mind Iran dn Tehran – is the word related to Persia – Zoraster? Also Hahn – as in the Hahn Commission.



Aahn
Bahn
Cahn
Dahn
Eahn
Fahn
Gahn
Hahn
Iahn
Jahn - John
Kahn
Lahn
Mahn – man
Nahn
Oahn
Pahn
Qahn
Rahn
Sahn
Than
Uahn
Vahn
Wahn
Xahn
Yahn
Zahn



1:20 p.m. Today feels weird. Spent the a.m. moving things out of the basement & into the garage. In 9 years of marriage I’ve not had time to straighten up the garage. My spiritual growth has been the primary past time. It merges with work now in greater community – regions work. That is a match at the present, but I’m open – it is not the definitive definition.

3 p.m. > Rural regions named for geographic features – urban regions named for central cities. Market is an overlay – governmental based geographic regions.

> feeling lost still. I need to hike and go to the VSB reception.

Knowledge will indicate all things that must be done for you – (not by me – for me?) – physically, emotionally, mentally –

20 week review complete. This I will stick with and complete the year – then to see what is next.

Love
T-om Su-ne

9:30 p.m. – Corn, tobacco at Truth – tonight. The message – truth is peace.

In the journal entries for this review, a better bread crumb trail was left than on most days. The key point, which I only remember by reading it here in my journal is: “20 week review complete. This I will stick with and complete the year – then to see what is next.” You may have already made such a commitment, or are not ready to do so. Regardless, when you reach such points, write it down.

If you’ve ever done any affirmations work, it is like old school detentions where you must write on the blackboard something like, “I will listen in class and not chew gum, throw spit balls and pull pigtails.” Affirmations are “positive” and the repetition is to imprint in our memory. Why is it so hard to remember these things, when an advertising jingle or pop song can run in the head for hours?

Yes, I did write out all the alphabetic combinations for – “han.” A few are surnames. “Truth” is another part of the spiritual landscape for me, in actuality, Naked Mountain near Markam, Virginia. Okay, on to week 21.

Over the next week I'll be on the road. I plan to post the Step daily, but may miss getting them up in a timely manner.

NNC


Journal second time x2 Step 140.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.