5/9/15

Step 129 - My Teachers are with me. I will be with them. (MP3) Entry for Step 128 - My Teachers are with me. I need not fear.


Greetings All –

Step 129 - My Teachers are with me. I will be with them. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

"My Teachers are with me. I will be with them." Step 129

YOUR TEACHERS ARE WITH YOU. They are not speaking to you except on very rare occasions, and then only if you are capable of hearing. From time to time they will send their thoughts into your mind, and you will experience this as your own spark of inspiration. You are as yet unaware of how your mind is joined with all other minds, but in time you will begin to experience this in the context of your own world. The demonstration of this will become so obvious that you will wonder how you could ever have doubted it.

YOUR TEACHERS ARE WITH YOU and today in your two longer practice periods, practice being with them. You do not need to create an image of them in order to have this experience. You do not need to hear a voice or see a face, for their presence is enough to give you a complete experience that you are in fact together. If you will be still, breathe deeply and not weave fantasies—neither happy fantasies nor fearful fantasies—you will begin to experience what is actually there. Your Teachers are actually there. And today you can practice being with them.

PRACTICE 129: Two 30-minute practice periods. 

More perspective on how one is “not alone.”

Picture: To be receptive to one’s Teachers; an environment for stillness is required. For me, hiking on the Dickey Ridge Trail was my thinking/listening time and space. To have a place of meditation, it was necessary to go off the trail. The picture is a selfie from 2003. There is a three legged stool purchased for this purpose and a bottle of water is nearby, plus the fanny pack that carries the journal. Meditating there, behind the rock I named Little Bear, I was out of sight of hikers on the trail above. I’d often go late in the day, when there’d be fewer hikers. Being with my Teachers is now an alertness to my thoughts, recording that which seems worthy.


From the journal:

9:44 a.m. Monday, November 22, 1999

The region gives form – it sits like patience – a rock, there when needed.

> Earth as throughput – not a final solution.

10:29 a.m. S2K – This is changing my life. Read the section on Marriage in GCW-I. The view of life and creation comes to mind is far different than what I had. I am a sojourner passing through in company. To belong – to find my place has been a lifelong quest. I’d go to places thinking surely there must be people like me. Finding M.E. was great…I needed/wanted to be married, in spite of what my parents’ marriage had been.

GCW-I explains much. Through collaboration we make earth like heaven.

11  a.m. On to health. We have bodies in order to do something. I want to do what I need to do so I don’t need to come back. …

12:15 p.m. The Human Region project –
Message to higher levels of governance – that support of regions leads to cooperation.

1:10 p.m. Greater Community is what my work is about. That’s why I was attracted to Marshall’s booth in Denver. I thought it would have tools for regions.

To this point I’ve thought the work was about planning, but that isn’t my work. It is about regions and collaboration.

8:30 p.m. Once again I am lost. I am overwhelmed by the work at the office. …

I accept S2K, I accept GCW, it fits – but what do I do next? Withdraw more? Or reach out. …

Q: Am I being appropriate with my work? No
Q: What must I do? Work
Q: How – Prioritize, seek help.
Q: You are not in my body. No
Q: I’m so angry and alone. Angry -  yes, alone – No.

I need Knowledge’s help, not punishment. - Do that which must be done. Eliminate all other.

10:28 p.m. My gut is upset - … I continue to fake my life.

Another fun day of confusion, though it begins: “This is changing my life.”  Since I’ve been through the whole process, I can say there are more bumps ahead, but it all worked out, so I recommend that you stick with it.

NNC


Journal second time x2 Step 128.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.